Does the public know all it should about your organization? More to the point, how do they perceive your reputation?
The communications landscape is changing every day. Consider your answers to the following questions to determine whether you are communicating at peak efficiency:
- Are you seeking to raise the public profile of your business in order to gain a competitive advantage?
- How can you communicate more effectively with customers and clients? Competitors? Reporters? Policymakers?
- Are you confused about how you can integrate your media relations, public outreach, and public policy efforts?
- Has your company developed magnetic messages?
- Do your spokespeople know how to deliver those messages? Do they even know they exist?
- How can you prepare key individuals to attain maximum communications performance?
- In an ideal world, how would your organization communicate more effectively?
- Do you want to gain more of a bump from your leaders’ speeches and presentations?
- Are you trying to determine who to groom as a spokesperson?
- Do you have a communications budget, or do you wing it?
- Is your communications staff overwhelmed, overworked, and underperforming?
- What are the costs of doing nothing to improve your communications abilities?
- Do your executives intimidate your communications staff, preventing the flow of candid advice?
- Do you have multiple locations that need to integrate their public outreach efforts?
- Does your organization possess a comprehensive communications training program for your spokespeople—one that advances both your organization and their careers?
Many organizations lack the internal communications resources to deal with these strategic questions on their own. A 20-minute phone call will tell you whether we can help you organize your communications outreach efforts, magnetize your message, and sharpen the skills of your spokespeople.
Call Ed Barks now at (703) 533-0403 to begin the conversation. Or schedule online if you prefer.