A Speaker with Substance
The success of your business depends on your spokespeople’s ability to deliver a crisp, concise message — a message that helps you bring your story to life for customers, co-workers, professional associates, reporters, lawmakers, and more.
Ed Barks puts your team on the right communications track by dealing head-on with today’s important communications issues.
He typically delivers a 30- to 60-minute interactive talk, provided via Zoom during the pandemic. Among Ed’s topics:
- Insider Strategies for the Confident Communicator: Discover the strategies that savvy communicators practice every day. Delivering presentations to crowds large and small, in person and remote. Dealing with reporters. Advocating for your cause before policymakers. This program based on Ed’s latest book delivers the strategies that help you attain your business and public policy goals.
- Reporters Don’t Hate You: Learn how to translate newsroom lingo and gain insights into the inner workings of the reporter’s mind in this information-packed and lively talk. The principles are based on Ed’s book, Reporters Don’t Hate You: 100+ Amazing Media Relations Strategies. Unlock the secrets of preparing for and performing during media interviews. This program will empower you to better control your exchanges with the press.
- The Three Keys to Great Presentations: Steve Jobs wasn’t the only one to use public speaking to drive bottom line results. You can, too. Learn how to become a star in your company and beyond, thanks to the learning principles drawn from Ed’s book The Truth About Public Speaking: The Three Keys to Great Presentations.
- A+ Strategies for C-Suite Communications: This program benefits communications and government relations executives and those they counsel, leading your company toward its business and public policy goals. Based on the principles in Ed’s second book, this engaging talk covers crafting a cohesive communications strategy, creating a sustained professional development program, and shaping and delivering magnetic messages.
- Zooming with Class and Confidence: Video conferencing services have surged to the forefront of our workaday world. What steps should you take to exude a professional persona when participating in a remote meeting? How can you gain a reputation as a pro when you organize an online session? What are some best practices for moderators? Ed explains in this timely talk.
- The 411 on Q&A: What Questions Do You Have for My Answers? Legendary Secretary of State Henry Kissinger can get away with asking the above question. We mere mortals, not so much. Yet we sometimes find ourselves confronted with sticky interrogatories. Ed delivers practical solutions such as building a bridge from your inquisitor’s question to your message; how to offer a sneak peek that tempts your listener to ask questions that you want to answer; and how to deflect the irrelevant, proprietary, or speculative.
Put Ed’s deep experience as a communications strategy consultant to work for you. He provides the strategies and tactics that show your team what it takes to communicate your message in powerful fashion. Plus, his friendly and animated style gets the audience engaged and makes learning fun.
Don’t forget to ask about special offers for Ed’s books when you bring him on board to speak to your meeting or conference.
Working with Ed Barks is easy. Secure him to speak at your next meeting today by calling (703) 533-0403.
Here’s a profitable move. Purchase Ed’s books and you’re eligible for some great extra benefits. Choose from Reporters Don’t Hate You, A+ Strategies for C-Suite Communications, and The Truth About Public Speaking — mix and match if you like.
Choose the deal that’s right for you and you receive these extras:
- 10 books: One for your company library, one for your CEO, plus copies for your communications and government relations pros. Your extras: A 30-minute video call to help you maximize the benefits from your books.
- 25 books: Great professional gifts for clients and associates. Your extras: 60 days of email access to Ed plus a 60-minute video call designed to fine tune your communications and public affairs strategies.
- 100 books: Sharpen your entire team’s communications edge. Your extras: Two 90-minute video training sessions for you and one of your executives focusing on media relations, public speaking, or advocacy — your choice. PLUS! You get 60 days of email access to Ed.
Call (703) 533-0403. Do it today and begin refining your company’s messages and sharpening your executives’ communications skills.