You conduct an interview with a reporter and await the results with great anticipation. Will your favorite quote appear in the article or program? Or will the reporter use that one instance where you allowed that offhand remark to slip past your lips?
Reporter’s Roundup shows everyone on your staff, from the CEO to the plant manager, exactly what they can expect. Using his reporting background, Ed interviews you over the telephone or video link just like a real newsperson would. Thanks to your input and our independent research, we know what questions to ask and how to ask them.
Immediately after your interview, we write a news article based on the conversation. Check out a sample Reporter’s Roundup here.
You receive your article by email within 90 minutes. It highlights positives — as well as the tricks and traps you step into:
- Did you deliver your message loud and clear?
- Did you come across as a confident communicator?
- Did the reporter manage to plant words in your mouth leading you to say things you never imagined you could utter?
- Did your voice betray the fact that you were nervous?
Reporter’s Roundup energizes you with these valuable benefits:
- Improve your performance during media interviews.
- Discover how you can guide the conversation when you talk with reporters.
- Secure best practices for dealing with the national press, your local newspapers, key trade journals, podcasts, and more.
Reporter’s Roundup doesn’t end when you read your article. We take the extra step by consulting with you once you receive it. Going this extra mile gives you instant feedback and concrete strategies designed to improve your performance.
Plus, each participant receives the ebook version of Ed’s book Reporters Don’t Hate You: 100+ Amazing Media Relations Strategies.
Take advantage of Reporter’s Roundup as a standalone professional development experience or as part of your media training workshop.
Sharpen your communications edge with Reporter’s Roundup. For more details, call (703) 533-0403 or contact us by email.