Spice up your business book club meeting by featuring a conversation with the author. Invite Ed Barks for a conversation with your group’s members when you read one of his four books:
- The Truth About Public Speaking: The Three Keys to Great Presentations
- A+ Strategies for C-Suite Communications: Turning Today’s Leaders into Tomorrow’s Influencers
- Reporters Don’t Hate You: 100+ Amazing Media Relations Strategies
- Insider Strategies for the Confident Communicator: How to Master Meetings Presentations, Interviews, and Advocacy
Ed joins you via a video conference (or speaker phone if you prefer). It’s an opportunity for your group’s members to discuss the issues that matter most to them. As an added bonus, everyone gets a subscription to his “Communications Community” newsletter.
There is no cost to you. All Ed asks is an engaged and enthusiastic group of business people who have read the book and are prepared for a stimulating conversation.
How can you request a chat with Ed? That’s easy, too. Just send him an email addressing the following areas:
- What is the name of your business book club?
- Where are you located?
- How many members normally attend?
- What is the typical profile of your group’s members?
- How did your group decide to read his book?
- Does your group focus on one particular business function (e.g., communications, government relations, investor relations) or industry (e.g., health care, financial services)?
- What dates and times are most convenient for your group?
Here’s how it works once your chat is scheduled: You contact Ed approximately 10 minutes after the beginning of your meeting. This allows time for you to “prime the pump” for the discussion and to maximize your time with Ed (and avoids the distraction of any late arrivals). Your conversation with the author lasts roughly 30 minutes (he doesn’t run a strict clock on these chats; the more engaging your insights and questions, the longer the conversation is likely to last).
Your reading group members get to know Ed while discussing how they can transform themselves and their C-suite leaders into brilliant communicators by using strategies revealed in his books — the very same strategies he has been sharing with his clients for more than 25 years.
Contact Ed today to get that conversation with your reading group on everyone’s calendar.